Well, it took me longer than I’d hoped but I’ve completed my transition to a new blog site layout.
In mid 2020 WordPress, forced all of us into using their new Block Editor. This proved to be a major disruption. Then last December I purchased a plan from WordPress for the sole purpose of removing ads from my online articles. Both proved to chew up more time that I care to talk about, but I’ve just finished making the menu mapping and the look and feel of my site into something I’m proud of.
My new plan entitled me to use a nicer theme which is the overall template of how the site looks and works. This new one is a tad more heavy handed on the featured photo for each page, but I’m told this appeals to most people, so I’m going with it and hope you enjoy the new photos and ease of navigating around my 3 story collections.
I also created 5 new items that might appeal to my readers.
- A shortcut page to my New Stuff. ABOUT -> Quick Links to New Stuff
- A shortcut page to some short sample story tours based on how you know me. ABOUT -> Short Tours
- The DOT (My original Dime of Time, autobiographical stories of growing up) collection is now mostly complete and I’ve added a Table of Contents under it’s menu to help you navigate that 75+ item corpus. DOT Stories -> Table of Contents
- A section for my new fiction collection divided by story length. FICTION & NON -> section by length
- A Coffee Share Index for almost 3 years of these lively chats between overly-caffeinated bloggers and our readers. COFFEE SHARES -> Coffee Share Article Index
I added a new search widget for finding something to read. On every page, except the Welcome page, there is a simple search tool where you can type in a word or phrase that will help you fine, say, the unicycle story or my fern brooch story. Look for it just above my photo on each page.
By way of reminder, I’ve decided to write in a manner to deserve your time to read. It’s all still free and often a tad rowdy. I hope you’ll stop by, follow and peruse the collection to find some great, short and clean entertainment that you feel is good enough to share with others. Like other writers, I love hearing fromr my readers. The comments section is always on, near the bottom of each page, and my email address is in the ABOUT section. Facebook (FB) is no longer a good way to reach me. I’ll try to watch for FB notifications but it’s way down on my priority list these days. If you’ve enjoyed my FB story posts, I hope you’ll jump over to following me on WordPress.
My home site URL remains the same: Click here to visit and bookmark.
Consider yourself invited to come by for a visit.