|This is a Weekly Coffee Share Essay.
I’m part of a small group of bloggers who stay in touch and chat about blogging, writing, or just about anything else that might be of interest.
|Link to This week’s full list|
|Link to my Story Blog: Table of Contents.|
It took some juggling of the space/time continuum, but I think I have the best solution to us throwing a global, live and real-time, coffee share zoom meeting in the near future.
I’ve done my best to identify those interested, but if I missed you, please raise a virtual hand and let me know the name of a big city in your same timezone. I may have missed your timezone , so please let me know if I misplaced you on the spreadsheet below. Note; I did compress the US and Canada into just East and West to simplify the chart.
The dark red indicate what I think are no-go-times. The lighter red as less than ideal for those who live in that timezone, but could work. We also need to recall that, for any day/time in the US, it is likely to be the next day in Australia. So we really do have to time this so most of the no-go times are somewhere in the wide pacific ocean. This means that we are likely limited to starting on either a Friday PM (US/Canada) = Saturday AM (Australia/Singapore) or Saturday/Sunday.
But guys, we can do this and honestly say that we are active bloggers in the international sense of the term.
Here are our start time options in 4 hour increments.
- If you see any errors, please call that out so I can make corrections.
- Let me know your level of interest given the above.
- If you want to join us, I need an email address to send the zoom invitation to.
- I think the format should simply be: each of us get a few minutes to speak and answer some basic questions like: Name, Where you call home, Why you blog/write. What you love about our Coffee Share. So, please suggest some questions we can offer everyone.
- I do think that everyone gets to decide for themselves if they want to answer any question, but everyone should answer some of the questions or tell us something that would help us know you a bit better.
- I like the idea of allowing some Q&A, but with such a large group, I worry about keeping everyone longer than 60 minutes. Please comment with any suggestions.
- We might be able to save some time by having either Beaton or myself introduce the next speaker so basic info is shared quickly. Thoughts?