Greetings, and welcome to my story collection. The acronym, DOT, is my shorthand for “Dime of Time”, which is the original story model I chose for this collection.
So you know what to expect from one of my DOT stories.
- Each essay is 2000 words or less so it can be read in about 10 minutes. Research indicates that an average reader can read about 200 words a minute. So for each story I’m hoping to capture about 10 minutes or less of your time.
- Each story has to be worth your time somehow. 10 minutes of my time is valuable and I don’t presume yours is any less so. The value I hope to deliver with these stories is just pure entertainment. I have no underlying agenda for deep moral persuasion or social engineering. I’m just hoping to share a few laughs together and earn the time you spend with my collection.
- Each story will be told in first-person narrative form because I want to feel like we’re just having a pleasant, and a touch ‘rowdy’, conversation. Overly loud outbursts of laughter is strongly encouraged.
- I hope that each of these stories will leave you with rich visual images as opposed to feeling like you’re reading a diary.
- Each story is meant to be family friendly. If someone wanted to, they should feel comfortable having their children read any of these stories.
- These stories are historical events. They actually happened to me and other real people so I’ve tried to be careful with using real names. Real names will appear only when I’ve secured permission to do so or the person is no longer with us and cannot be asked. In this case, I’ll limit any comments to only that which I believe would not be disrespectful.
- Finally, I reserve the right to be slightly hyperbolic where I think there’s a extra laugh to be gained for doing so. You’ve been warned. Expect sarcasm.