Welcome to my story blog. I have 3 collections I hope you’ll explore.
- I Recall = my original collection of autobiographical stories which are all told first person and kinda rowdy as a young boy might.
- Fiction = my second collection sorted by story size; from 30 seconds to about an hour each. I’ve got a story for your available time.
- Coffee Shares = an ongoing weekend diary-style meet catch up about whatever is happening in our worlds.
On normal size screens, you will see menus for each. If you’re using your phone, you’ll see just a single [ MENU ] button to scroll through the whole list.
My “I Recall“ stories are autobiographical essays about growing up. Yes, they are essentially memoirs but I promise you, they’re not normal ones. Most memoirs are boring data dumps, well, unless the author is someone so notable that even the mundane details of their lives become compelling. I don’t think my life approaches that level of interest, but I do think there were lots of interesting things, even adventures, that happened to me that almost anyone could relate to and enjoy reading. These stories are designed to be entertaining.
That said, There are 80 or more and each one meets these guidelines:
- Short. 3000 words or less to result in 10 minute reads or less for most readers
- Autobiographical. Expect some fun hyperbole, but these stories actually happened.
- Entertaining or moving somehow with no boring data dumps
- Written in first person and kind of rowdy, often told from the perspective of a very young boy trying to figure out the world or like two friends laughing over drinks
- Clean with almost no adult language or scenes. This is a family-friendly site.
- As visual as I can make them. I try to leave you feeling like you witnessed each story.
Fiction is my newest effort and these are exactly what you would expect. My preferred genre is simply realistic human drama. I don’t write horror, or porn and prefer my writing to be uplifting and clean fun. This section is subdivided by story length. Publishers do this extensively so in this group, you can choose a story based on how much time you have. Currently I have lots of very short essays ranging from 30 seconds to 10 minutes that I think are worth reading. I do have a few others that are as long as one hour and vary in genre to include historical fiction or hard science fiction.
Coffee Shares are running weekly essays , all that have a tone of kicking back to catch-up with a good friend.
Each story or essay has a biography card and link, exactly as seen below, to bring you back to this page. Click on it anytime and you’ll have my main menus above and this page to review for exploring my collection.
I hope you’ll stop by, wander through my virtual shelves and find something fun and compelling to read and enjoy. Welcome!