Welcome to my story blog. I have 3 collections I hope you’ll explore.
- I Recall = my original collection of autobiographical stories which has grown to two menus to accommodate the full collection.
- Fiction = my second collection sorted by story size: from 30 seconds to about an hour each. I’ve got a story for your available time.
- Coffee Shares = an ongoing weekend diary-style meet catch up about whatever is happening in our worlds.
On normal size screens, you will see menus for each. If you’re using your phone, you’ll see just a single [ MENU ] button to scroll through the whole list.
The “I Recall” collection are autobiographical essays about growing up. This set got too large for one menu so I divided the collection into two sections.
- I Recall: Age <20, for stories that took place while living in Petaluma, Calif.
- I Recall: 20+, for stories that took place after turning 20 years old.
There are 80 stories. They each follow these guidelines:
- 3000 words or less to stay within a 10 minute (DOT) read for most readers
- Autobiographical. Expect some fun hyperbole, but these stories actually happened.
- Entertaining or moving somehow with no boring data dumps
- Written in first person and kind of rowdy, like two friends laughing over drinks
- Clean with almost no adult language or scenes. This is a family-friendly site.
- As visual as I can make them. I try to leave you feeling like you witnessed each story.
Fiction is my newest effort and these are exactly what you would expect. This menu is subdivided by story length. Publishers do this extensively so in this group, you can choose a story based on how much time you have.
Coffee Shares are running weekly essays , all that have a tone of kicking back to catch-up with a good friend.
Each story has a biography card / link near the bottom to take you back to my main page.